The trail in and out.
We’re here to guide you along both.
As you can imagine, Klondike is somewhat remote because of the beautiful setting in which it is located. Flying and driving are the best options to get here. We are about a 2 hour drive away from the Natrona County Airport in Casper, WY.
Airlines: Many of our guests fly in to either Denver, CO, Casper, WY or Billings, MT. We provide free, round trip transportation from the airport in Casper, WY.
Rental Cars: Some guests prefer to rent a car at the airport, sight see and/or stay and extra night or two on their way to and from the ranch, which is a great option as well. Learn more below.
Which to Choose? We’d love to help you determine which airport and transportation options may be best for you, give you sight seeing and lodging recommendations as well. There are many gret sight seeing and historical interests areas between the Ranch and the major airports mentioned above. Click here to Contact Us for more information.
If you choose to fly into the Casper WY Airport, complimentary pickup is on Sunday.
If you’d rather fly into Sheridan, WY, Denver, CO or Billings, MT, just let us know and we’ll give you accommodation recommendations and sight seeing opportunities.
The Casper Ramkota Hotel offers a special rate for Klondike Ranch guests, if you prefer to fly in a little early. Click Here for our Flyer.
Often Klondike guests prefer to drive to the ranch to sight see as they go. From Casper airport, a leisurely drive to the ranch takes approximately 2 hours. From Denver, guests should allot 6-to-8 hours for the drive. From Billings, plan on 4-to-6 hours. (If you drive down from Billings, be sure and leave time to visit the Battle of the Little Bighorn museum on your way. You won’t regret it!)
We will supply detailed directions for booked guests, based on their individual travel itineraries.
Recommended Car Rental Services:
- Our weather varies in temperature during our summer months and it can be 20 degrees cooler at night than during the day so bring layers of clothing for any kind of weather.
- Suggested Layers: Warm Coat, Vest, Sweatshirt, (for the cooler Morning & Evening temps) Jeans, T Shirts and/or Tank tops for warmer Daytime temps, Light wind proof jacket.
- Riding boots without laces are important for safety purposes; however, they are not mandatory.
- Boot Socks – Crew or knee high socks to prevent ankle blisters or rubbing on your calves.
- Other comfortable shoes and/or hiking boots are nice to have when you are not riding.
- Cowboy hat and a baseball cap are both handy. Cowboy hats help you to not get sun burned and baseball caps are great for windy days.
- Swim Suit for the Hot Tub at the Ranch or if you’d like to go to the Swimming Pool in Buffalo.
- Toiletries – shampoo, conditioner, hair dryer etc.
- Sunscreen and sun glasses are always good.
- Camera and/or video camera if desired.
There are lots of great photo opps here at the Ranch!
- Have your own saddle? If you have your own saddle you are certainly welcome to bring it.
“You just cannot get a more authentic experience than staying with this wonderful family and working with their ranch hands, cattle and horses. Don’t plan you’re vacation here if you’re looking for spa treatments and pampering; plan it here to step into the lives of the Tass family and to find out what it means to live and work with cattle and horses under the most beautiful Wyoming sky in one of the prettiest places on earth.”